background

Monday, August 1, 2011

Cheesey!

Ryan and I LOVE cheese!! I could probably spend a million dollars on cheese, cheese complements and cheese accessories.. (oh yes cheese has accessories) Sometimes nothing hits the spot better than a glass of wine, and a lovely cheese plate!! The Gourmet Library is a great resource for all things cheese. The best thing about The Gourmet Library is many of their products have video reviews and they even give pairing suggestions!!! Last year Ryan and I made dates stuffed with Gorgonzola Dolce wrapped in bacon for a Christmas party... They. Were. DEVINE.  Like Mac' and Cheese?? Can't get better than Cabot Cheddar by Jasper Hill. (It's Delicious by itself) Baked or Fried brie is delicious especially with some Apricot preserves. (I would use Coulommiers Brie Rouzaire) But my absolute FAVORITE cheese.. the KING of all cheese.. is.... ROQUEFORT SOCIETE BEE! You can find many of these at Whole Foods or Central Market as well. Now go try something new you will thank me!!

"Wine and cheese are ageless companions, like aspirin and aches, or June and moon, or good people and noble ventures."
M.F.K. Fisher

1 comment:

  1. i love cheese! my favorite thing to do is go to whole foods and try all the different cheeses!

    ReplyDelete